WLUF Announces it's 2013 Campaign
Girls Are Worth It!
Women Like Us Foundation’s One Girl at a Time Program encourages, empowers and engages young women through workshops and programs that support healthy self-esteem, education, and strategies for living their best lives.
By helping to shape confident, informed young women we help them to take a path in their lives that is both productive and healthy. We redirect negativity and non-opportunity and give them choices on achieving their personal and professional goals, recognizing their importance in society, the home and in leadership.
Did you know?
* 81% of 10-year-old girls are afraid of being fat.
* A girl is bullied every 7 minutes in the schoolyard, playground, stairwell, classroom or bathroom.
* Girls are more likely than boys to be victims of cyber bullying.
* One out of four college-age women have an eating disorder.
* Suicide is the third leading cause of death among adolescents and teenagers.
* 1 in 3 girls between the ages of 16 and 18 say sex is expected for people their age if they’re in a relationship.
* 3 out of 4 girls say they feel pressure to be "super girls".
* 1 in 5 high school girls say they do not know three adults of whom to turn if they have a problem.
How do you get involved?
If you are an organization in support of teen girls, we would love to collaborate with you. Contact Deb Myers.
Support the girls of our community by:
· Volunteer to be a part of our year long workshops and events
· Donate dollars to our One Girl at a Time Program
· Become a sponsor or mentor of a girl
· Become a corporate sponsor of Women Like Us Foundation
Confidence Coalition, Girls, Inc, Girl Scouts, Geena Davis Institute